The Franklin and the Delaware are sister ships built in 1950 at RTC shipbuilding in Camden, NJ.
Both vessels were designed by Thomas Bowes and were built with improvements on his other Philadelphia fireboat the Bernard Samuel.
Both are 79' 4'' and can pump 6,000 gal/min at 150 PSI. They are equiped with a 30' firetower, which can be lowered, and are also capable of spraying 275,000 gal of foam. The Franklin and the Delaware have been in continuous service since 1950.